Tuesday, May 25, 2010

McDonalds

Just like everywhere else, McDonalds is very popular here in Brno.  As far as I know, there are at least 3 McDonalds within walking distance. And, every time I go there, it is packed full of people. Am I a fan of McDonalds?  Nope.  In fact, I hardly ever went to McDonalds when we were in the US.  Here, things are different.  Firstly, there aren't too many fast food chains.  All we got here are KFC and McDonalds. There is a Subway store, but you will need to ride a bus for at least 25 mins to get there.  Not worth it. And, there aren't too many sandwitch places, etiher. You get a thin hoagie like sandwiches at the grocery stores, but they are typically cold.  So, if you want to get a warm sandwich quickly, the choice would be to go to McDonalds.

Anyway, you may be surprised to know that McDonalds has different menu in each country (or in each region).  For instance, in Japan, they have what's called Shrimp-Filet-O.  It is a burger with a deep fried shrimp-cake (like a crab-cake).  Not sure why it inherited the name of "filet" part, but you get an idea. They also got what's called Teriyaki Burger. I've never tried it, but it sounds pretty good.

Here in Brno, they also have different items on the menu. For instance, along with Chicken McNugget, once during winter time, I saw Fried Hermelin Cheese. We gave them a try once, and it was not bad at all.

My favorite these days is the Classic Beef Wrap. Typically I would prefer chicken, but here in Brno, I have not been eating too much beef, and McDonalds is the place to supplement my beef intake. :-)
And, what I noticed about McDonalds here was that the people working there have such a professional attitude. It is very impressive. However, one thing which bothered me was that the people in the kitchen were not wearing those gloves for the sanitization purpose. Hmmm.

1 comment:

  1. Hi i'm new to mc donald. so i dont know which are the item's are available and also how it look like. so its better to menu card in this website with pitucher of that product.

    ReplyDelete