Friday, April 23, 2010

Naschmarkt in Vienna

Just outside of Vienna's zone 1, there is one of the most popular markets in Vienna. The market has been there since the 16th century! 

There are all kinds of shops selling fresh fruits, vegetables, meat, seafood, flowers, cheese, and so forth.  There are also a lot of small restaurants and bars which have outside seatings.  People were just sitting outside, sipping a cup of coffee or beer or wine, and enjoying the sun.

I have to say I need to learn how to relax like European.  People seemed to be able to just sit there forever enjoying the drinks, cigarette, sun, and lots of talking.   I think my tolerence level is up to an hour. I know that I adopted much slower life after I left Yahoo and have used to an even more slower life in Czech Republic, but I am not sure if I could ever become like European.

We had a glass of beer. We thought we ordered a plate of sausages, but what was served was completely different. It was a dumpling with meat inside.  Enjoyed everything, but we left in less than an hour :)

No comments:

Post a Comment