Sunday, February 7, 2010

First Subway

In a big mall called Olympia, which is about 10 mins ride by car from Brno center, we found Subway!! I used to eat Subway quite a bit for lunch, and I missed their Roasted Chicken Breast sandwitch.


We got exactly the same sandwitch as we did in LA except that the bread was much sweeter for my taste. And another thing I noticed about these American chain stores is that the prices are pretty high compared to the regular Czech restaurants. I have been going to lunch here in Brno, and typically lunches cost somewhere between $3 and $5. If you pay $5, it is usually paired with a cup of soup even. But, Subway seemed to be priced higher compared to these lunches. For instance, we got a foot long sandwitch and made it into a meal like we always did in the States. The price for that was approx 140Kc, which is about $7. That's normal for the US, but given the fact that the median annual $10K up to whatever, I have to say $7 is a bit aggressive for a foot long sandwitch. I suppose Subway turned into a luxurious sandwitch place here in Brno :)

Anyway, it is good to know that I can get Subway if I wanted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment